Do you have a keen eye for stellar design and strong attention to detail? Are you passionate about leveraging design to solve everyday problems? Do you kern in your sleep?
We’re looking for brilliant up-and-coming designers to join our team of creatives as we wander the land of eCommerce. As a designer at Demac Media, you’ll be working along side other members of our creative, technical, and strategy teams. It goes without saying (we’ll say it anyway) that you’ll be creating beautiful user experiences for many of Canada’s leading retail brands (i.e. – Bench, Ardene, Umbra) as well as Demac Media’s growing suite of products and platforms.
You’ll also need to want to have fun with your work. Our team puts an incredible amount of value on enjoying each other’s company. Other than that, we have an idea on what the ideal candidate will look like in terms of experience & skill set.
- 2+ years creative experience in consumer web design with emphasis on user experience.
- Enthusiasm and passion for design (includes keeping up with trends and technologies).
- Experience using Photoshop and/or Sketch for Mac.
- Understands the importance of balancing aesthetics with strategy and function.
- The desire and self-motivation to balance multiple tasks at once in an efficient and timely matter.
- Ability to collaborate with a dynamic group of designers, developers, and strategists with the competence to communicate and advocate design rationale.
- Someone who can hang with us (no jerks).
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with mobile-responsive design also a huge plus.
- Experience with eCommerce / Online Shopping sites a huge plus.
- Experience with Magento, Shopify, Weblinc even better.
- Experience with coding CSS, HTML considered an edge/asset.
Are you ready to challenge yourself and grow with a kick-ass team? Demac Media offers competitive compensation, benefits, training opportunities, and a killer downtown Toronto office. Did we mention we like beer and pizza? If this sounds like something you’re interested in, send us an application with all the particulars (resume, portfolio, Dribble accounts, etc.).